CPhA’s annual meeting will include an opportunity for original scholarly work on research and professional practice topics to be presented in a poster format. Poster presentations provide authors the opportunity to display and informally discuss their work with colleagues. Poster presentations will be displayed during exhibit hours on Friday, April 29 and Saturday, April 30 at Exchange 2016.
The mission of CPhA’s Continuing Pharmacy Education program is to provide resourceful, effective and innovative educational activities that will advance the practice of pharmacy in all practice settings and enhance patient care. The CPhA Poster Presentations Program seeks to challenge practitioners, researchers and students by providing a forum to educate colleagues by sharing information and disseminating research findings.
The West Coast Pharmacy Exchange anticipates more than 600 pharmacy professionals throughout California, Nevada, and Oregon to network, conduct business, earn quality continuing education and participate in one of the largest pharmacy exhibit programs in the nation.
- Submissions are due to CPhA no later than December 5, 2015.
- Notification of accepted proposals will occur on or before January 31, 2016. If CPhA accepts a poster presentation, it is understood that the person indicated on the online submission process register and attend the poster session to present their work.
Poster Submission Types
Professional poster abstracts may be submitted by individuals currently working in pharmacy or a related field.
Student/Resident/Fellow poster abstracts may be submitted by students enrolled in a Doctor of Pharmacy degree program or pharmacy-related graduate program (MS or PhD), pharmacy residents, and pharmacists completing postdoctoral fellowships.
Poster abstracts may be submitted in the following categories:
Research Report posters define original research on pharmacy services which must reflect use of the scientific method.
Economic Model posters discuss models which support clinical decisions before prospective studies using actual health plan data can be conducted.
Solving Problems posters describing the problem and solution that was implemented. Should include data to support the conclusion but are not required.
Poster Abstract Format
All poster abstracts are limited to 300 words in length and should include the following sections:
- Methods/Description (i.e. design, setting, patients/ participants, data collection, analysis plan or other appropriate qualitative methods)
- Results (or Preliminary Results for Reports on Projects in Progress)
- Conclusions (when applicable)
- The abstract title should be typed in all caps.
- DO NOT include any identifying information such as authors’ names and/or affiliations in the abstract. This information will be obtained during the online abstract submission process.
- The body of the abstract should begin with the study’s objective.
- The abstract should be clear, concise, and free of graphs, tables, and illustrations.
- The abstract must be free of grammatical and typographical errors.
For tips on writing abstracts and developing posters for national meetings, see the article at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3114208/.
Additional Poster Requirements
The content of the poster abstracts submitted for consideration for CPhA’s West Coast Pharmacy Exchange may not have been published previously as an abstract or article or presented in another forum.
All poster abstracts are subjected to double-blinded peer-review. The review panel will determine the quality of submission and will evaluate the abstract based on the following criteria:
- Originality of the research presented
- Quality of research methodology
- Clarity and completeness of the explanation of the research objectives
- Appropriateness of data collection and analysis
- Thorough reporting of data and results obtained
- Consistency of conclusion and objectives
- Significance and relevance to pharmacy practice
How to Submit a Poster Abstract
Poster abstracts must be submitted online.
Questions may be directed to CPhA at (916) 779-1400.
Poster presenter(s)/author(s) will not receive complimentary registration for CPhA’s West Coast Pharmacy Exchange. If your poster is selected, you will be responsible for your own registration fee and travel.
Poster abstracts should be free of graphics such as graphs, tables, and illustrations.
POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2016.