2014 Recipient, Walter Cathey (center)
This award recognizes a pharmacist for outstanding and continuing activity in the community outside of the profession. The recipient should be a person who has demonstrated how pharmacists can elevate themselves and their profession in the eyes of the public through participation in community civic programs or participation in government activities at the local or state level. The person must be a CPhA member pharmacist and have contributed to the advancement of the profession through his/her activities.
Submit a Nomination for the Bowl of Hygeia Award
- Completed nomination form
- A letter from the nominator to address the criteria and provide specific examples of how the candidate has made significant, influential and sustained contributions to the pharmacy practice in California.
- Current full curriculum vitae or detailed resume of the nominee.
- Up to 4 letters of recommendation
- All letters of support must be signed by the author. Emailed letters must contain an electronic signature.
Deadline for CPhA to collect nominations is December 31 annually. All awards are submitted for review either electronically or via U.S. Postal Service. Please fill out the online nomination form and send all supporting documentation via email to email@example.com. If submitting by mail, please download the nomination form and send along with all supporting documentation to:
CPhA Awards Committee
Attn: Awards Manager
4030 Lennane Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
The CPhA Awards Committee is responsible for selecting all qualified award winners, which is based upon careful review of all qualified applicants. Upon receipt of a nomination package, CPhA staff reviews the package for completeness and then forwards on to the CPhA Awards Committee. If the nomination package is incomplete, a CPhA staff member will follow up with the nominator to obtain the missing information.