2016 Recipient, Micah Hata (center)
This award recognizes the most outstanding new practitioner who has demonstrated leadership at more than one level of organized pharmacy. He/she should be an energetic leader who has stimulated others to actively participate in professional, political, and/or community affairs related to the practice of pharmacy. The person should be well recognized by his colleagues for his/her professional advancements. The pharmacist must be licensed, a member of CPhA, and graduated less than 10 years prior.
Submit a Nomination for the Distinguished New Practitioner Award
- Completed nomination form
- A letter from the nominator to address the criteria and provide specific examples of how the candidate has made significant, influential and sustained contributions to the pharmacy practice in California.
- Current full curriculum vitae or detailed resume of the nominee.
- Up to 4 letters of recommendation
- All letters of support must be signed by the author. Emailed letters must contain an electronic signature.
Deadline for CPhA to collect nominations is Wednesday, November 30, 2016. All awards are submitted for review either electronically or via U.S. Postal Service. Please fill out the online nomination form and send all supporting documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitting by mail, please download the nomination form and send along with all supporting documentation to:
CPhA Awards Committee
Attn: Awards Manager
4030 Lennane Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
The CPhA Awards Committee is responsible for selecting all qualified award winners, which is based upon careful review of all qualified applicants. Upon receipt of a nomination package, CPhA staff reviews the package for completeness and then forwards on to the CPhA Awards Committee. If the nomination package is incomplete, a CPhA staff member will follow up with the nominator to obtain the missing information.