2016 Recipient, Tinh An (April) Nguyen (center)
Any student enrolled in a California School of Pharmacy who is a current member of ASP/CPhA is eligible to be nominated for this award. The person nominated should be active in the student chapter and demonstrate a willingness to become involved in the future of the profession as evidenced by involvement in CPhA and APhA professional activities. The person nominated should be involved in community projects or other programs designed to bring credit and public acceptance to the profession. Additionally, the student should be involved in advancing his/her school academically and professionally. Each California School of Pharmacy is requested to submit nominations for students from their graduating class that meet the above qualifications.
Submit a Nomination for the Student Pharmacist of the Year Award
- Completed nomination form
- A letter from the nominator to address the criteria and provide specific examples of how the candidate has made significant, influential and sustained contributions to the pharmacy practice in California.
- Current full curriculum vitae or detailed resume of the nominee.
- Up to 4 letters of recommendation
- All letters of support must be signed by the author. Emailed letters must contain an electronic signature.
Deadline for CPhA to collect nominations is Wednesday, November 30, 2016. All awards are submitted for review either electronically or via U.S. Postal Service. Please fill out the online nomination form and send all supporting documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitting by mail, please download the nomination form and send along with all supporting documentation to:
CPhA Awards Committee
Attn: Awards Manager
4030 Lennane Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
The CPhA Awards Committee is responsible for selecting all qualified award winners, which is based upon careful review of all qualified applicants. Upon receipt of a nomination package, CPhA staff reviews the package for completeness and then forwards on to the CPhA Awards Committee. If the nomination package is incomplete, a CPhA staff member will follow up with the nominator to obtain the missing information.